Have you heard the saying that, ‘a rising tide lifts all boats?’ That is something we believe to be true. For concrete to reach an ever broadening market segment and be received and regarded as one of, if not the premier artisanal materials, concrete must be fashioned at a master level. This is the intent of our training; to elevate the level of design and craftsmanship of professional and aspiring professionals so that the potential and value of finely produced concrete can be realized, benefiting all involved in this industry.
THE DIFFERENCE IS EXPERIENCE
For the last 13 YEARS we have spent every day creating custom concrete pieces for high-end clientele. Our primary business is running two successful concrete businesses - this is what makes our workshops different and relevant.
We quote client projects
We get our hands dirty mixing and casting concrete
We finish and seal using products and techniques that work
We crate, ship and deliver products
We run two successful businesses doing what we teach
If you are going to spend money on a class you should learn the most up-to-date techniques and insights. What sets our training apart is the relevance of our information. We operate two successful and award-winning concrete businesses and have the current, real-world experience and knowledge needed to teach you what it takes to make it in this profession today - when it's all said and done, isn’t that what matters most?
WORKSHOPS FOR THE MODERN CONCRETE CRAFTSMAN
Concrete Design School offers the most valid and preeminent training available anywhere. We teach the skills required to achieve the results expected at the highest echelon of architecture and interior design.
Our Workshops Focus On:
- Design: We create a unique piece in every class, we never make the same thing twice. Additionally, we discuss ways you can develop and improve your own individual and marketable style.
- Tools: The advancement of tooling used in the manufacture of concrete is rapid - we use the most cutting-edge tools in our workshops.
- Materials: What we use for client work today is different than what we used a year ago. We'll cover the current materials for the best performing concrete - the same we use for our projects.
- Methods: The methods used to create high-end custom concrete is paramount, and no other training program has more real-world experience than us.
- Business Practices: Proven processes for operating a successful concrete business.
Fabric-forming and GFRC (glass-fiber reinforced concrete) are two topics we are passionate about. We introduced GFRC concrete countertops and sinks to the industry in 2005 when we taught the very first class on the subject. In 2008 we shook things up again by teaching the first workshop on fabric-forming for concrete sinks and countertops.
A lot has changed since our first classes on these subjects, but what hasn’t changed is that you will be taught the most current methods and materials in our workshops. If you are interested in mastering fabric-forming and/or GFRC, this is the class for you. Invest in yourself, invest in your company, and learn from the preeminent pioneers of fabric-formed concrete and GFRC for concrete sinks and countertops.
Furniture design and craftsmanship are at the forefront of the maker movement. In this workshop, Brandon Gore will cover design criteria for furniture, the basics of concrete, form construction and how to mix, cast, cure and finish concrete. If you are an aspiring furniture builder or you just want to learn how to create pieces for your home or business, then don't wait, enroll today.