Students attending my workshop will gain extensive knowledge turning regular concrete into a beautifully marbleized natural piece of art. We will be demonstrating a casting technique I have developed and perfected over the last 7 years. Our custom look uses the imperfections as part of the details that we call “Dusty-Crete.” During the workshop students will learn in-depth instruction on how to marbleize and vein concrete. Instruction on how to form concrete for unique edgings including carved and tooled. In addition, we will be teaching various finishing techniques such as slurrying, scrubbing, and buffing. Last but not least, our latest uses for color enhancement using BLUE Concrete's 'Stainz' products and how to properly seal with the ICT sealing system.
With the techniques that are taught by our artisans, students will be able to create a uniquely custom concrete product with a modern or rustic look. If you want something different, unique, and individualized to each piece of concrete, look no further than attending a workshop with the artisans of Stone-Crete.
Session Time and Capacity
- 2.5 days of training in Dusty's Tennessee studio, located in Hurricane Mills, TN
- These sessions are limited to 15 participants to ensure hands-on learning and class participation
- March 8, 2018 - March 10, 2018 (Please note, we are conducting a '2.5 Day Fabric-Forming Concrete Sink + GFRC Workshop' and a '1.5 Day Post-Tensioned Concrete Workshop' directly following this class in Eureka Springs, AR, you can learn more and register here. If you are a first time attendee of the Dusty-Crete Workshop you can register for the 2 Arkansas workshops at the Alumni Rate!)
- First-time Student: $1975
- Alumni: $1600
You may be asking yourself, which ticket type should I purchase? If this is your first time attending a Concrete Design School Workshop you should choose the 'First Time Student' ticket. If you have previously taken part in a Concrete Design School class you should choose the 'Alumni' ticket, as we offer special reduced pricing to returning attendees as way of saying thank you for your continued support.
PURCHASE TICKETS NOW
WORKSHOP LOCATION AND TRAVEL DETAILS
Please note, this class is going to be held in Tennessee at Dusty Baker's shop, located at:
921 Barren Hollow Rd.
Hurricane Mills, TN 37078
Hotels in Hurricane Mills, TN:
- Days Inn Hurricane Mills / (931) 296-7647 / 15415 TN-13, Hurricane Mills, TN 37078
- Quality Inn / (931) 296-4251 / 15542 TN-13, Hurricane Mills. TN 37078
- Holiday Inn Express Hurricane Mills (Waverly) / (931) 296-2999 / 15368 TN-13, Hurricane Mills, TN 37078
The Fine Print
If you need to cancel, the course fee will not be refunded but the amount can be used towards a future Concrete Design School workshop.
All participants will be required to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement with penalties for unauthorized disclosure of material. The methods and formulas taught during the class may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form.
Concrete Design School reserves the right to change, modify or cancel the class schedule at any time.